Friday, May 24, 2013

SURVIVAL RAMBO FIGURE

Fuck yeah, dude! Before the he was turned into a cartoon character and parody of himself, JOHN RAMBO was a great character in one of my all-time favorite movies, "FIRST BLOOD". One of my favorite scenes of the movie is when he's holed up in the mine, surviving. Well NECA has made a figure based on it! I wish the sculpt and paint job was a little better, but I'll still pick this one up with a smile. Man, I've wanted this figure since I was a little kid!

6 comments:

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Vagrancy wasn't it? That's gonna look real good on his grave stone in Arlington: Here lies John Rambo, winner of the Congressional Medal of Honor, survivor of countless incursions behind enemy lines. Killed for vagrancy in Jerkwater, USA.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, well, that was the nature of things way back when, Andrew. This whole new wave of "welcoming our troops home" & "support our troops" was pretty much the opposite back then.

The term "baby killers" comes to mind.

Jim said...

I believe Andrew was quoting the film - Col Trautman.

Andrew Glazebrook said...

I was !!! :)

Anonymous said...

I know, I was really just amazed at how that has drastically changed in the last +/- 30 yrs, really. How poorly soldiers were treated when they got back home.

Surprised something like this didn't happen w/ more frequency than "just in a movie", honestly!

Dealing w/ PTSD, ETC w/ warfare, ETC w/ the warfare that went down in Vietnam, being spat at, yelled at, and treated like dogshit when they got home...

Just asking to fray a fractured mind until it cracked.

Jim said...

Definitely a dark, shameful stain in our U.S. history