Thursday, March 14, 2013

ALIENS: GENOCIDE 2-PACK


NECA's next set of ALIENS figures will be based on the Dark Horse mini-series "GENOCIDE". In the story, another rival hive springs up and the two hives battle it out for domination. The new hive gives birth to Aliens with a RED tint, along the lines of ants. Its silly and narrows down the concept of the Aliens, but it was a fun series and its neat they're making toys based on it. The 9-inch figures will be available in June (hey my birthday is in June!)

There will be a total of THREE 2-packs... the 2nd set will be Hick with Blue Alien (with head explosion) and the 3rd set will be Hudson with Brown Alien (with shot up torso). I assume those are the figures I posted about earlier HERE.

I get the red alien since its based on the comic. But why the Blue and Brown? Personally I'd much rather have black ones as they should be. This just means I'll have to paint them.

*(I also don't like the battle damage versions - they look lame)

Here are some pics of the Comic Trade Covers & Interior Art of "ALIENS: GENOCIDE":


And for those non-Comic readers, they adapted the story into a NOVEL which is actually pretty good and even better than the comic I'd say:

  
 Other recommended ALIENS NOVELS:
* ALIENS: EARTH HIVE (10yrs after 'Aliens' - Newt is 17 and in insane asylum....)
* ALIENS: NIGHTMARE ASYLUM (set immediately after 'Earth Hive')
* ALIENS: LABYRINTH

Note: Earth Hive and Nightmare Asylum SHOULD have been 'ALIEN 3'. They are based on the Dark Horse Comics, which were published before 'Alien3' was made. After 'Alien3' was released, FOX made Dark Horse change the names of the characters since FOX had killed off Newt & Hicks. Jerks. So in the novels you'll have to mentally translate the names: Billie = Newt, Wilkes = Hicks. Lame.

5 comments:

Tim said...

I love those Genocide covers. I thought the story was fun, too. The idea of farming the Aliens for the royal jelly thing was interesting.

Wasn't the story line a fallout Ripley & co kidnapping the Alien Queen in Earth War? It's been a while since I have read it. Long box, here I come.

Tim said...

Also those top two images you posted are not the original covers. The OG ones were done by Arthur Suydam who most would have seen the covers he did for Marvel Zombies.

Jim said...

Yes I know :)

They are from the collected trade paperbacks. I used them because they showcase the different colors of the 2 hives. I also love Dave Dorman Alien Art!

Jim said...

Ay SDCC several years ago I bought 2 large Alien prints from Dorman and (not the genocide pics) - both signed em for me, too. Yay!

geofftrapp said...

You asked "why do a blue and brown alien" the answer is to cover all the basis. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think people percieved the Aliens were blue because of the lighting in that movie. The brown design is based on production stills from Aliens of the suit in normal lighting while the black alien with hints of metallic pays homage to the the original movie.