Wednesday, March 21, 2012

SCORE: MARVEL UNIVERSE HANDBOOK TRADES

Yay! I was at a used bookstore recently and they had 9 of the 10 out-of-print OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE Trades! These color reprint the badass "mini-series" from 1985-1988. While I do have the original issues... um, and the black-&-white Essentials... I've always wanted these trade paperbacks. Usually when I'd stumble upon them, they'd be marked up to $30-40.... I got them for $2 each! I then picked up the missing volume online for $6. Score!

For any Marvel Fan... or anyone interested/curious about any Marvel Character(s)... I HIGHLY RECOMMEND picking up this series... its the best "encycolopedia" that Marvel has put out, hands down. Its written with imagination, intelligence and education... which is lacking in recent editions.

Either pick up the original back issues (which should be relatively cheap), or grab the Black & White ESSENTIALS editions:

1) Volume 1 of original 1983 series (you don't NEED, but its good to have)
2) Volume 1 (1985-88 series)
3) Volume 2 (1985-88 series)
4) Volume 3: Book of the Dead (1985-88 series)
5) Update '89 series.

Ask your Local Comic Bookstore to get your copies today!

Or ask these fine folks (and tell them JimSmash sent you!):

* NEPUTNE COMICS
(Waukesha, WI)
---> Hi, Lisa & Craig!
* GOLDEN APPLE COMICS (Los Angeles, CA)--> Hi, Nate!
* BRAINSTORM COMICS (Frederick, MD)---> my childhood comic store! Hi, Dan!
* HI DE HO COMICS (Santa Monica, CA)

2 comments:

Hobgoblin238 said...

That is awesome! Used to have them too and I sold them back in 2003...Big mistake. Congrads!

Jim said...

There's some really cheap used copies on Amazon... maybe $6-9 each including shipping... rectify that past mistake! :)