Tuesday, May 24, 2011

GELATINOUS ALIEN EGG

The other day I was at Blast From the Past in Burbank,CA. It's a little Ma-N-Pa shop that sells sweet Geek Collectibles like Sideshow Statues, New & Vintage Toys and Comics. In one of the glass cases were several of these funky "clear gel" ALIEN EGGS.

"I have no idea what those are, but I do know I must own one" I said to the Universe. "Ha, Ok." replied Mrs Smash, who thought I was talking to her. And so I bought one (about $4)

I'm still not sure what its from - if its a custom mold or an official release? It kind of reminds me of some kind of underwater gelatinous egg...

...which made me think of that lame Dark Horse series "ALIENS: Colonial Marines" which at one point depicted Aqua Aliens (Aqualiens?). This aquatic line of thought, naturally, then led me to place the egg next to AQUAMAN for the time being.
(I have no idea why I shared this with you)

6 comments:

Jeyl said...

It should be noted that the alien egg from the first movie did show signs of transparency when Kane took a closer look and saw the "organic life" inside.

The only thing missing that would make this egg complete is the facehugger suspended inside.

Jim said...

I would have bought them all!

Timewaster said...

I love Blast From The Past. The guy who runs that store is really nice - almost too nice. I sold him my Bowen Thor statue for next to nothing he's such a good guy.

Anonymous said...

...because it reeks of awesome, that's why. ;-D

Locusta said...

Great find Jim and thanks for sharing.

I´m not 100% sure but it looks like that they used the Geometric Design Alien egg (based on the Alien Resurrection design!) for a mold.

Here the Geometric stuff to compare: http://www.geometricdesign.net/customize.htm

woobot said...

Now I want one...!