Monday, June 14, 2010

SOME THOR MOVIE VISUAL SNACKS

Here are some THOR MOVIE screen grabs from a always-horrible "Entertainment Tonight" behind-the-scenes fluff piece (seriously, don't watch it). Click the image above to enlarge.

The pics give us a little bit more sneek peak of the Film's look, Thor himself, Heimdall and Asgard. CHRIS HEMSWOTH has bulked up considerably for the role, which is good, but he's still too petite for the role of The Norse Thunder God.

And why is Thor running around in a t-shirt and blue jeans?! (I guess he was running around as an 4-Eyed Construction Worker in Walt Simonson's run....)

I have very little hope for this movie, yet at the same time and uber-pumped for it. Such is the tragic ways of a Fanboy.

A quick additional absurd whining: I really hate the ODIN EYE PATCH... I've never liked eye patches that just magically stay on someone's head without any kind of banding/straps. Its a pet peeve of mine. It reminds me of GENERAL CHANG from STAR TREK VI:
* Previous Thor Movie Post 1
* Previous Thor Movie Post 2

7 comments:

Andrew Glazebrook said...

At least there seems to be real chemistry between Natalie Portman and Chris Hemsworth in those behind the scenes interviews !! Far better than there was between her and Hadyn Christensen !!!

Jim said...

You love the Prequels.

I remember a fluff piece for Attack of the Clone where Portman was going off on the chemistry she had with Hayden and how dreamy his eyes were and shit.

Matthew Scheuerman said...

"I've never liked eye patches that just magically stay on someone's head without any kind of banding/straps."

ummm aren't those BOLTS on the eyepatch that hold the eyepatch onto General Chang's FACE?

Jim said...

ok, whatever.,. Thre's no bolts on Odin.

My point was a patch alone looks lame (to me) and incomplete... prefer them having the straps.

Anonymous said...

aside from the made for TV look of this film. ( god I hope post can work miracles) I agree, the floating eye patch looks lame. Seriously, I want to know who the art director is, and who greenlit some of this crap.

David Scholes said...

Your "eyepatch" pet peeve nothwithstanding I do like the look of Anthony Hopkins as Odin.

Hemsworth is looking the part, although I would have preferred to see him at the 6' 6" and build of Marvel Comics Thor.

I can hardly wait to see the Thor movie.

I’m a Marvel Thor fan from way back and also a long time Marvel fan fiction writer:

If you haven’t already done so check out my Marvel fan fiction. Just scroll down below my author profile and you will see over 40 fan fiction stories here:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1276881/David_Scholes

I’m also an Australian science fiction writer and the Norse gods Odin and Thor are featured in just a couple of my science fiction stories:

www.StrategicBookPublishing.com/ScienceFictionandAlternateHistory.html

http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Reading-Science-Fiction-Scholes/dp/1449581889/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1261366245&sr=1-1

http://www.sffworld.com/community/story/3932p0.html

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI_xoUYXwaw

I also have a new novella “Soldier of the Brell” coming out soon as an e-book

Cheers

Unknown said...

Chang's eye patch had rivets holding it on. In a good close up the rivets are even embossed with the Klingon symbol.