Monday, November 03, 2008

CAPTAIN TOOK FROM FAMILY GUY BUT WON'T ADMIT IT

This dude legally changed his name to "Captain Fantastic Faster Than Superman Spiderman Batman Wolverine The Hulk And The Flash Combined."

The BBC reports:
George Garratt from Glastonbury, the 19-year-old music student made the change "for a bit of a laugh", through a legally-recognised website.

He said: "I decided on a superheroes theme and whenever my friends offered up suggestions to me, I added them." (article)

To uber-nerd out here... *ahem*, The Hulk and Wolverine aren't fast. He makes no sense. NO SENSE!!! And to UBER-uber-nerd out.... it's "SPIDER-MAN" not "SPIDERMAN". Hel-lo, there is a hyphen in there! Pffffff

Now its been pointed out to me (thanks Jason!) that Mr Whatever is fibbing a bit on his name's origin. He said, "I decided on a superheroes theme and whenever my friends offered up suggestions to me, I added them."

And yet... here's an image from FAMILY GUY from several years ago where Peter buys a boat and names it... The "S.S. More Powerful Than Superman, Batman, Spiderman, and the Incredible Hulk Put Together."
So there you have it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha! That reminds me of a "Friends" episode!

Phoebe: Hey! Why isn't it "Spidermun?" Ya know, like Goldman, or Silverman?
Chandler: It's not his last name.
Phoebe: It isn't?
Chandler: No. It's not like... like "Phil Spidermun". He's a spider-man. You know, like, uh, like Goldman is a last name, but there's no Gold-Man.
Phoebe: Oh, okay! There should be a "Gold-Man!"