Friday, October 24, 2008

HALLOWEEN MOVIES 2008

quick note: I had intended to post this on Oct 1, but its been a crazy busy month... alas....
---

In my book, Halloween is actually a month-long holiday. So, every October, I watch a dozen-or-so Halloween inspired films to celebrate. They aren't always necessarily the BEST films and I never know which ones I'll watch until October arrives. So, this year's viewing will include:

* YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN: A yealy MUST! Absolutely brilliantly hilarious!

* HORROR OF DRACULA: Christopher Lee's debut as Count Dracula! Plus Peter "Grand Moff Tarkin" Cushing! Sweet.

* PUMPKINHEAD: This is another yearly must, for me. Plus, in addition to doing the creature effects its also directed by the recently departed Stan Winston. This year's viewing is for you, Stan. Thank you for everything!

* THE THING: One of the best sci-fi/thriller movies of all time. The kennel scene still freaks me out! If you haven't seen this yet, go rent it NOW. If you have seen it, you know what I'm talkin' about.

* THE MUPPETS: The spooky episode with host Vincent Price! Yeah!

* BLADE II: Why not? Vampires and those funky, freaky "vampire" abominations. A fun, comic book movie.

* DRACULA: The 1931 black-n-white classic starring Bela Lugosi as Count Dracula!!

* LOVE AT FIRST BITE: T-Rex hasn't seen this one yet, so I'm dusting this on off the shelf. 1970s George Hamilton as Dracula!

* HALLOWEEN: I usually watch Carpenter's original, but thought I'd mix it up a bit this year and try Rob Zombie's remake for shits-n-giggles. I watched the other day and it was a waste. My apologies to John Carpenter.

* ALIEN: It's scary and I haven't watched it in awhile (seriously).

* HELLRASIER II: The one and only Hellraiser you need to see. Fantastic!

* THE MUNSTERS: Gonna pick up the Complete 1st season. Great show!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Previous Halloween Movies posts:
Halloween Movies 2007
Werewolf Movie Week (2007)
Halloween Movie Assignment (2006)
Halloween Spirit on TV (or lack of)
List-O-Rama: Halloween Flicks (2005)

1 comment:

Multiple Miggs said...

Add a little Rawhead Rex to your list. While Clive Barker had little to do with the filming, it's not a thoroughly bad adaptation of his work.