Friday, November 09, 2007

MOVIE REVIEW: NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN

Ack! I spaced yesterday and forgot to do a review! Wednesday night we caught a sneak-peek of NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN. It's the new COHEN BROS film based on the novel by Cormac McCarthy. Now, I haven't ready any McCarthy yet, but hear nothing but praise. So I do not know if this was a good adaptatation... but as a stand-alone film....

Wow. What a fantastic ride that was! I love the Cohen Bros and they've done it again. I don't want to say much because the journey is so much of the experience. It's not as "quirky" as many of their previous films, but I'd say it was along the lines of BLOOD SIMPLE.... only more brutal and full of injustice.

Tommy Lee Jones was really good (I know, I never thought I'd say that) and the villain.... portrayed by JAVIER BARDEM... holy shit.... what a great villain!!!!! JOSH BROLIN does a kickass job as Moss and the wonderful KELLY MACDONALD was superb (as always) as Carla.... I'm developing quite a crush on her. The entire cast, from main to cameos, rocked it!

Yeah, I know this review blows, but just know that it's one of the best movies of 2007 and everyone involved - writers, directors, actors, cinematographers, costumers, set designers, etc etc etc - deserve an Oscar. Just go see it!

No comments: