Wednesday, September 26, 2007

YODA VS PALPATINE

Check out this new ARTFX statue depicting the "final" battle between Yoda and Palpatine from Episode III. While some of the scenes were cool (Palp Force-throwing senate seats), overall I've never liked seeing Yoda flip around kung-fu-frog style, wielding a tiny lightsaber. It's just silly to me and damages the beloved character I fell in love with in Empire.

Anyway, here's the statue and it looks pretty cool, nonetheless. I think if the bottom of Palp's robes were open a bit and pulled back revealing his feet and some leg, he's look more sinister, dramatic and threatening. Yoda looks fucking dramatic. I also had issues with how he looked in EPIII... like Norman Bates' mother.

Oh, and I made the pic borders blue in honor of Sith Lightning. Sometimes, its the little things....

The statue is available for pre-order HERE. $175.
-----------------------------------
*thanks, Five Fingers!

No comments: