Friday, September 07, 2007

TYLER MANE THOR ?

*Click Image to Enlarge*
----
TYLER MANE's name has recently been coming up about playing THOR in the upcoming live-action movie. He's even expressed interest. While I really like the idea of KEVIN McKIDD (Rome; previous post), Tyler definitely has the PHYSIQUE and LOOK of Thor... I mean holy crap, visually he's PERFECT! The dude is HUGE, standing at a whopping 6'10", and looks like a freaking Viking already!

However, we all know that looks are not enough (Hollywood, please take note on that). I've only seen him as the near-mute SABRETOOTH in Singer's X-MEN, so I have no idea what his acting abilities are. He was in TROY, but I've pretty much tried to exorcise that flick out of me brain. Anyone see the HALLOWEEN REMAKE (he plays the new Michael Myers)? How was he? Any speaking parts?

Anyway, I've always thought THOR should be a man of few words, so if written well, Tyler could be the perfect choice for the SON OF ODIN. Actually, the more I think about it, the more I like it.

Aye, Verily
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was showing a friend and that's when I noticed the frog. Brilliant!

Jim said...

Yay, someone noticed!
:)

Anonymous said...

man,..I hate to break it to you JIM, but THOR is supposed to be really good looking also,......this guy, well,...........

Jim said...

A good looking Thor will only get you a Dawson's Creek pretty boy Thor. That may be what was in the comics, but man I have issues with that... a NORSE GOD WORSHIPPED BY VIKINGS a good loooking fella? Seems lame to me. I'd rather go for the kickass tough as nails Thor myself.