Tuesday, September 04, 2007

ALIEN TATTOO OF THE DAY

Who's ready for another run of
ALIEN TATTOOS OF THE DAY?!!!
This one's pretty sweet cause the source image is MIKE MIGNOLA art, from his one-shot comic "ALIENS: SALVATION". Flipping the image won't fool me! I knew it instantly! Anyway, what I don't get is, why not just take in the Mignola art to the parlor? Cause if you look closely, the tattoo version has been redrawn, tweaked slightly (no inner tongue) and well, not as cool looking as Mignola's. Of course, you can't improve on Mignola art, but that just proves my point here. However, its still a sweet tattoo and its on the back of a punk chick. I'm in fucking love.

Previous "Alien Tattoos of the Day"
....which is always easily accessible to the right in a permanent link!

4 comments:

Robiscus said...

that comic is one of Mignola's absolute finest if you ask me.

Anonymous said...

Cool! I love the "Alien Tats O' the Day!"

spaceJASE said...

"you can't improve on mignola art"
Damn straight.

Anonymous said...

just to stop by on the tat questions. while i will completely agree that mignola is genious his art sometimes isn't tattooable. for a tat to last you want thick bold lines and while the original is beautiful, would not look good within ten years as the thin lines would fade out.