Wednesday, June 20, 2007

NEW TRANSORMERS CARTOON

Spring 2008, Cartoon Network is going to have a new cartoon of TRANSFORMERS (and Hasbro will launch a coincidng toy line). But instead of improving the visual quality and building on what came before (which ruled), they've opted to go for a really crappy style. Seriously, WTF? This looks like the shitty generic art you'd find on pillows at KMart. Or shitty Burger King Kids Toys art. I'm all for style, but I'm also all for quality.

RENT TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE!!
----------------------------
*thanks, Melchy!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

That anime style is in now - sadly. They recently did a story arc in Wolverine with that type of art style. WOLVE-FUCKING-RINE - who does anime style art for THAT?? Marvel! Sometimes I think JQ signs off on stuff without even looking at ti.

Anonymous said...

I gotta say, the ho-down style toe tapping at the end was my favorite part. made me pee a little bit.

Anonymous said...

i agree lisa,..I personally think anime is EXTREMELY over rated. I really wish pop culture could get it out of it's system.

Anonymous said...

Sorry all i posted on the wrong line as many of you have prolly figured out..........duh i wondered what the hell lisa was talking about, just thought it was over my head, like i wasn't geeky enough to understand but now i get it. zang!!

Jim said...

no worries, wunder - we knew what you were referring to. I think we've all posted under the wrong line before. the important thing is: you left a comment! Yay! :)