Friday, April 13, 2007

DOUCHEBAG OF THE DAY: ROMAIN JEROME

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the TITANIC deemed a Grave(yard)? So isn't it fucked up to go down there and pillage it? (although I guess Archeaologists do that for a living, but I digress). Geneva watchmaker ROMAIN JEROME purchased a piece of the hull in 1991 and is now selling their "TITANIC-DNA" watch, made from steel and coal from the Titanic. They claim it "captures the essence" of the Titanic. Yvan Arpa, chief executive of the company, said the combination of new and old materials infused the watches with a sense of renewal, instead of representing a reminder of the 1,500 passengers who drowned (nice). "It is a message of hope, of life stronger than death, of rebirth" and can be yours for $7,800-$173,100. Look for their next watch which will sport charming watch bands made from shoes of the Holocaust. JIMSMASH!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

This douchbag definately deserves a JIMSMASH! For the low, low cost of a house or car you can own a piece of history - that I stole from the graves of 1500 people.

I'm pretty sure that grave robbing is illegal. And would the families of those lost really find someone profiting from their ancestor's misfortunres "a message of hope?" I sure wouldn't.