Thursday, February 15, 2007

PARKER POSEY GOES TV

I love PARKER POSEY, meaning I'm a huge fan. If she's in it, I'll pretty much see it. But I'm a bit worried because she's about to make the transition from Film to Television. I know, right?! The new COMEDY show she'll be debuting on is called "The Return of Jezebel James"... and its on FOX. The premise revolves around Jezebel, "a successful children's book editor who is newly single and, after learning she won't be able to conceive, asks her estranged younger sister to carry her baby for her." Er, okayyy..... This is weird because for YEARS, Parker has a reputation for turning down every single pilot she had been offered in the past. So either she's totally in love with this project or... well, I'd rather not think what else. Let's just go with its a good project, have faith in it and her, and support it. *sigh*

Meghan & Angela - you're fellow Parker Posey fans. Your thoughts?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As far as I'm concerned, she decided her fate when she was in that Pepsi commercial with Jimmy Fallon. I still like her, I'll probably watch her show on Fox (probably sandwiched between Cops: Nanny 911 Edition and something much less hilarious than Arrested Development). It could be a good show--maybe our new favorite show. The big screen to small screen transition can be brilliant for some people (just look at Patrick Dempsey--people love that guy--you might say he went from totally geek to totally chic--or punch me for saying it). Or it could be terrible and suffer the fate of so many uncomfortable-to-watch shows. Let's just hope for the sake of all parties involved, that it's amazing.

Anonymous said...

Uhhh I can't stand Parker Posey, but I love the shows creator Amy Sherman-Palladino so that's why I'll give it a chance.