Monday, February 12, 2007

LUCAS DOESN'T GET IT - OK HE "DOES"

At the Publicist's Guild luncheon last week, George Lucas gave Sid Gannis an award. Sid was the in-house publicist on Empire Strikes Back. Lucas said "Sid is the reason why The Empire Strikes Back is always written about as the best of the films, when it actually was the worst one."

I'm speechless. Lucas says Empire is the WORST of all 6 Star Wars movies? Most fans agree Empire is Number 1, including myself. And those who disagree usually rank it atleast number 2. The worst one?! Huh?! The final piece of the mysterious puzzle that is Lucas is atlast revealed and the Prequels suddenly make 100% sense.
UPDATE: Note: I do not know if this quote was taken out of context.... if he was joking.... whatever. All I know is he said it and people are upset about it (shocking that fanboys are upset!). I hope he's joking, BUT I do know he's said in the past that Empire was his least favorite.... which coincidently was the one movie he had the least input on.

UPDATE UPDATE: So the source, Cinematical, totaly misquoated George; he was joking.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He was being sarcastic jim, surely?

He cant be that pea-brained

Jim said...

Yeah, I dunno.....

Anonymous said...

man,...I don't know,..aparently, it wad the film editor who made STAR WARS the movie we all recognize.