Wednesday, December 13, 2006

A VERY TWISTED CHRISTMAS !

"What do youuu wanna doo with yor life?!!"
"I WANNA ROCK!! (ROCK!)"
---
Oh man! I saw TWISTED SISTER last night at the House of Blues on Sunset! It was
"A VERY TWISTED CHRISTMAS" where the band played songs from their new CHRISTMAS album! Yes, you read that right, a Christmas album by Twisted Sister; classic XMas songs done in their twisted fashion. It was A LOT of fun and actually put me into the Holiday Spirit! This was the first time the band has been together on stage since 1986! Dee came out in a Santa costume, but at the 2nd song changed into the classic "Stay Hungry" outfit we all know and love. They alternated between xmas tunes and their classic songs.

The show was great, I had a blast
, and I'm actually going to go buy their XMas album. Seriously, its fun and a perfect cd to pop in the day after Thanksgiving to start getting in the mood!

Supposedly, TS put the album together for fun and to officially kill Twisted Sister; go out in style instead of their extremely ugly breakup in 1986. But instead, the cd flies off the shelves, they get a gig at HoB and a new album contract! hahahaha! So look for a new album soon... they played their first (and only) new song and it rocked! Eat it, Tipper Gore. The Sister is back!!!!

OH! And catch TWISTED SISTER TONIGHT on The Tonight Show!! SURREAL!!!! (again, eat it and gag, Tipper Gore!!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They were awsome!,It actually put me in the Christmas mood. And if you don't appreciate The Sister, then your not American!

"what do you want to do,..go back to Russia???"

-one of the funniest things said all night....

Anonymous said...

ps,...check out "Five Finger Death Punch".........

They were the first opening band, and (as far as I could tell) were awesome.

Anonymous said...

did you see moe the cab driver from myrtle beach at the show?

you should pick up Bootsy Collins Christmas album if you are looking for some wacky holiday tunes.

Anonymous said...

I saw it Anaheim. It WAS awesome Dee is (still) the MAN! That Five Finger Death Punch band was brutal! I'm too old to get in the pit but holy hell I felt like smashing some barstools against the wall! There was a pit even where I was standing all the way in the back, I saw some kids punching each other in the moshpit. Man that was hardcore.

Jim said...

Nice!!!!! We had a blast at the show, too!!
Five Finger Death Punch was great. Maker caught the badass bassist with the killer mohawk after their set and he was pretty cool. I emailed them the next day to say I dug their performance and wish them luck in the future and they replied back pretty quickly with a very nice reply. They need a new name, tho.

I've been giving the TS Xmas album to everyone and spreading the cheer! Everyone's totally digging it!!! They should play in LA every Xmas!!!