Friday, December 22, 2006

MOVIE THEATER CANDY

I was at the Movie Theater a couple weeks back and noticed a sad fact of Today's Movie Going Experience - the candy selection blows.

The "Classics" were no where to be seen. Instead, there were bags of candy you can find in any candy aisle at the grocery store. Kit Kat bites? Gourmet Chocolate bars? What the fuck? I'm sorry, but I want the classic movie theater candy, damnit!!! I want a box of milk duds that will still be glued to my molars when I leave the place. I want Snow Caps and Goobers, 2 candies I have NEVER seen outside of a theater. Why would I pay 5-bucks for a bag of M&Ms I can get for 75-cents next door at the fucking Rite Aid? Hey, I'm all for variety, but I've noticed that those old classic, what I thought were STANDARD, candies are no longer being sold at Theaters. And Hollywood wonders why theater sales are down, heh. Get out of there Hershey's.... This here theater is NESTLE Territory!!

Its time for another addition of EMPEROR JIM (haven't done one of these in a long time).... When I become EMPEROR JIM, it will be LAW to have these candies available for movie-goers in all theaters:

* MILK DUDS
* GOOBERS
* JUNIOR MINTS
* RAISINETS
* SNOW CAPS
* WHOPPERS
* MIKE & IKE
* HOT TAMALES
* JU JU BEES
* NERDS
any other favorites you'd like to add?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jim,

I agree, so when our classic movie theater opens this week, we're stocking all the classic Nestle movie candy. If you're in the area sometime, come on down and have some Raisinets and Goobers.

And may you be Emperor soon. (Grin)

General Manager
Empress Theatre, Vallejo CA

Alex said...

Did you hear about Kabang Energy Candy. Kabang Energy Candy is the fun and exciting candy that kids crave! Approved by moms everywhere, Kabang Energy Candy contains 100% of the daily required allowance of Vitamins B6, B12, C plus Ginseng and has ?NO CAFFIENE?