Thursday, September 07, 2006

MEGATRON MEGASUCKS

You may have noticed a lack of posts regarding TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE (liveaction). Well, I'm trying to stay away for various professional reasons.... anyway, the Megatron pics have been online for weeks now and it seems that everyone and their mother has seen them. So I thought I'd post and comment on how lame he looks (I just have to JimSmash this!). The original robot design (cartoon version, not toy) was PERFECT and remains, to this day, one of my all-time favorite designs. Here's what apparently he's going to look like in the upcoming movie, in his various modes. I'm hoping this is his Cybertronian body and will be modified into the one we all know and love. Doubtful.
*Click on images to enlarge*

7 comments:

Lisa said...

It's cylon megatron.

Anonymous said...

he's got a real pretty mouth on him, don't he?

Anonymous said...

Mutated Worf Mode!
OMG, I almost pissed myself!
Too funny!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

...j... said...

I must have missed some information some where. When did Megatron become and alien plane thing?? And exactly what about an alien plane thing requires it look like some kind of prehistoric rock formation. I can't tell his face from his ass. Sorry just does not look like Magatron.....if they want to reinvent these things give them new names or something.

Jim said...

Yes indeedy... instead of doing the Generation 1 Transformers (the ones we grew up on in the 80s; the one true Transformers), they are instead reinventing everything and just going with the overall themes; Autobots vs Decepticons, robots into vehicles. They've abandoned the original designs, which I think are perfect. Sucks.

Oh, and no Soundwave in the movie.

...j... said...

I am sure the info I missed was already on your blog.....thanks for the quick explanation. Oh.....that sucks!

Still think some cleaner lines would improve the Alien ship thingy. Too cool to be Cool...you know!

Maybe its just me.....but I think its BullS#@% to use the exact same names...when its not the same character.