Tuesday, March 14, 2006

SUPERBOY: SEASON ONE - WHUH?

Warner Bros has been spewing out various Superman dvds (live action and cartoon) in hopes to cash in on the upcoming Superman Returns hype before people see it and the Superman interest dies an agonizing death, ala Hulk. The latest batch, to be released June 20th, includes the Complete 1st Sesason of "The Adventures of Superboy." (click on image to enlarge or click here) Huh??? There was a Superboy TV Series? I don't remember that. Or perhaps I've blocked it from my memory so much, It's no longer there (I almost erased Lois & Clark from my memory banks, but alas, was reminded of its existance a few months ago). IMDB says Superboy was on air from 1988-1992. Anyone remember this one?

Also, according to IMDB, "The show was cancelled following a lawsuit filed by Warner Brothers (the company that owned the Superman "family" of characters) against the Salkinds who had leased the rights in the early 1970s and made the film series. WB claimed that they had first shot at making a series (the show was distributed through Viacom). The case was settled and the rights officially reverted to WB and the show has not been rerun in North America since."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL I just realized you put Brandon Routh's head on the dvd! I didn't even blink an eye when I first viewed it. He does look rather young to play superman.

Anonymous said...

Wait a second,...you mean that's not Brandon Routh???????