Thursday, February 16, 2006

JANE'S ADDICTED TO MONEY

*sigh* Once again a piece of Rock's heart is cut out of its chest by artists selling out. This case: Jane's Addiction's "Jane Says" driving the latest Jack Daniels commercials. I knew Jane's Addiction were sellouts when they became MTV toilet whores in the late 90s and Dave Navarro slid on his Diva panties, but this one really pisses me off. Blow me, Jane's Addiction. You used to be cooler than cool. Now you're just another Chump. Go stand next to N'Sync and Britney in the Walmart music section, you fucking sellouts.

Breaks my heart.
But not nearly as bad as hearing the new NINE INCH NAILS album being played at an American Eagle store during their "Jean Sale" at Christmas. What happened, Trent? You used to be my God. Now you're diluted pop. I'm going to go cry now.

You know you're getting older when all your rock heroes sellout.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you could care less but just look at the stats on the Jack Daniels sponsered NASCAR car... Every time I turned around it was wreckin!!!!!! Gee I wonder why J's A. sold out to a liquer distiller??????????? Is it really the $$$$$$$????? FREE BOOOOOOOZE MAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I hear ya Jim!
I felt the exact same way when I saw the HP commercial a few months back playing the Cure's "Pictures of You". I wanted to punch Robert Smith in the face. Oh well. I guess it's all about the benjamin's.

Jim said...

yeah, the Cure one stung really bad!
The Cure....Jane's Addiction....hey, Heroin ain't cheap!!