Monday, October 31, 2005

[IN]VISIBLE

At the Ayala Museam is the exhibit "[IN]VISIBLE" featuring the works of Filipino artist Gabriel Barredo.

Honestly, I'm not quite sure what to make of it. Its somewhere between somewhat digging elements of it aesthetically and dismissing it outright. heh.

If it was an exhibit of "Costumes & Design of Sci-Fi/Fantasy Movies" I'd probably like it better. Otherwise, it reminds me alittle too much of the "art" you'd find for sale at a furniture store. "Yes, I'll take that sofa, that elephant lamp and that gawdy crucified umbrella holder."

Regardless, the images made me stop and look at them.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'm starting to see a pattern develop here. hmmm makes you wonder about the kind of artwork JimSmash has up in his home.

Jim said...

Har-Har.

I don't have this stuff... I have KICKASS things, like nice ALIEN statues!!! :)